Store Supervisor (Katoomba)
- Full-time, 38 hours per week
- Based in Katoomba, NSW
- Current Drivers Licence class C
About the Organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a member and volunteer based organisation that has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has close to 100 Special Works across the State in the areas of homelessness, mental health, disability, financial counselling, supported accommodation, food provision, refugees and migrants and addiction counselling. Our work is funded by all levels of government, the generous support we receive from the community and our 250 Retail Centres across NSW.
The Society’s Mission, Vision, Aspiration, and Key Values http://www.vinnies.org.au/page/About/Mission__Vision .
About the Services
The Parramatta Central Council covers the area from Granville in the south-east to Warragamba in the south and west to Blackheath. The Parramatta Central Council operates a number of special works including, Mental Health Services and Community Development Services. The Parramatta Central Council currently has 22 shops. Vinnies shops provide furniture, clothing and household goods to families and people who are in need and are being assisted by conference members. Centres are also a valuable resource for people on low incomes, enabling them to buy quality clothing, furniture and other household items at an affordable price.
About the Role
The Store Supervisor will oversee the operation of the Vinnies shop and will report to the Retail Area Manager. Duties will include staff and volunteer supervision and all tasks related to merchandising and customer service. You can find more information about these roles in the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need
- Experience in a retail supervisory role
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Proven communication and customer service skills Understanding of the principles of volunteer management
- Understanding of stock management practice within a retail environment
- Understanding of Work Health and Safety and other relevant legislation
- Current NSW Drivers licence
- Capacity to adhere to the mission and ethos of the Society
What we offer
- By joining one of Australia’s largest and leading charities, you will be working in an organisation which makes a real difference to people’s lives.
- The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW is proud to offer generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- Training and development opportunities
The conditions of employment are governed by the Retail Enterprise Agreement 2015. The position is classified as Team Member Grade 3 and the hourly rate is $26.66.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks that include two (2) reference checks, a Health Declaration and National Criminal History Check. You will also be required to present evidence of right to work in Australia.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation. Prior to employment, you will be required to have a Working with Children Check, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People .
How to Apply:
Your application will include:
- Claims to the Essential Criteria in the cover letter:
The Claims to the Essential Criteria is an important part of your application. Please explain how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the essential criteria , these are listed on the Position Description. Please also provide information about why you are applying for the role.
- Current curriculum vitae: This will include your qualifications & trainings; work history with a brief description of duties for each role; Referees - at least two (2) e.g. persons you report to who can comment on your work experience. Please provide name and contact details (work and mobile phone numbers; email address). Or please be prepared to provide details when requested.
Submit your application online and follow the prompts below. Please ensure that you answer the questions and attach your documents that contain the Claims to the Essential Criteria (outlined on the position description). Note: We do not accept applications sent to the HR email address.
If you have questions about this role, please email to email@example.com, with email subject line Store Supervisor (Vinnies Katoomba) / VIN869.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 21 March 2018
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The Society is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.